IQAC Best Practices II
TITLE OF THE PRACTICE
Enhanced Learning Through Industry Connect
OBJECTIVES OF THE PRACTICE
The main objective of the Enhanced Learning experience through industry connect is to establish a knowledge based of the students with the proficiency and required knowledge skillset.
- To establish convergence with industrial and research organizations from various fields through MOUs as a form of interaction.
- To explore and identify common avenues of interaction with industries.
- Establish membership in various professional bodies like ISTE, IE(I), IIA, IIChe, CSI etc to conduct various technical events to the students.
- A continuous interaction between the Industry-Academia Connect is essential. The Industry-Institution Interaction Cell, which was founded in 2018 to promote the interaction between industry and our institute, offers a fantastic forum for faculties and students to learn about what the market expects from the graduates.
- It acts as a stage for showcasing the best procedures, most recent technological advancements, and their applications.
- More than fifty MOUs are signed in the past few years to enhance the support. for the interaction with Industries. All the functional MOUs helps to conduct various activities towards industry connect
- The professional association membership helps the students to interact with the Industrial professionals and participate in various national and international competitions. It also widen their vision to explore more opportunities in the global market.
- Encourages industry professionals to actively participate in curriculum design and career development initiatives, which are crucial for developing the skill sets of students who are inclined to meet market expectations.
- Ample industrial experience is given to faculty members in order to improve the Teaching Learning Process and help the institution create quality students, which will help academia advance in the global knowledge index.
- Further, all students are required to complete an internship that includes hands-on training.
- The professional body membership of the faculties helps them to participate in various training program and workshops to enhance their skillset.
EVIDENCE OF SUCCESS
- Number of industrial visits for Faculty members and students are arranged.
- Encourage the faculties to assist the Training and Placement activities based on the Industries need.
- Visits to the institute by industry professionals and practising engineers, to evaluate research work and laboratories.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries helps in bridging the two sides emotionally and strategically closer, helping the students learning process.
- Our curriculum is dynamic in character, and it has been created to foster a continuously expanding cooperation between academia and industry.
- Encourage the faculty members and students to publish their paper in the professional body journals like IE (I) journals.
- The student’s personality is well moulded while participating in the programs organised by Professional bodies.
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED AND RESOURCES REQUIRED
- Due to the pandemic situation in the past few years, only limited students received access for industrial visits and internships.
- Resources/ Approvals Required Few more laboratory facilities to be added as per the requirement of the industry
- To implement the strategy of industrial mentoring along with industrial certification, which also includes the fundamental career guidance is our next step in the student industry-friendly program design.
- Some distinct positive changes in the curriculum design with grade equivalence for the industrial training will be provided in the future.