NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is a joint initiative of IITs and IISc. It has been offering self-study courses across engineering, humanities and science streams for more than a decade. These are available at: https://nptel.ac.in. From March 2014 NPTEL has been offering online certification for its courses, the highlight being the certification exam through which the student gets an opportunity to earn a certificate form the IITs. These are available at: https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
NPTEL online Course
- NPTEL is offering the online courses with a timeline of 4, 8-, or 12-weeks through an online portal.
- Each week, you need to watch 3 to 6 video lectures (of length 20 to 30 minutes) and attempt one online Assignment quiz at your convenient time and submit with in a deadline.
- The enrolment to and learning from these courses involves no cost watch video lectures and attempt. Assignment online quizzes.
- After 2-3 weeks of starting of the course, an option of Registration for Final Exam with the fees of Rs. 1000/1100 will be given. If you’re confident enough, you can proceed to the Exam Registration.
- A scholarship is provided to the participants from a Local Chapter for SC/ST and low income (5 lakhs per annum). For last semesters, Some of our college students received 50% fee waiver in the exam fees. As per the availability of funds by the sponsors, it may be given this time also.
- E-certificate from organizing IIT/IISc will be given to the successful candidates of the Final score=25% assignment score(online) + 75% exam(offline) score. To be eligible for a certificate, the learner should have scored >=40% final score. E-verifiable certificates are made available on nptel.ac.in/noc
- NPTEL conduct final (proctored) exam at different exam centers all over India.