Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1991 to produce competent engineers in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The Department offers an Under-Graduate degree Programme of B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 180 students and a Post-Graduate Degree Programme of M.E. in Communication Systems with an intake of 12 students. The Department is led by Dr. Sumathi since 2012. The Department of ECE is recognized as a research centre by Anna University, Chennai.The Department has State-of -the-art laboratory facilities to infuse practical knowledge to the students on par with academic excellence. The department has as excellent and consistent placement record and most of the eligible students are placed in reputed organizations. The Department is actively involved in teaching and research in the sub-fields of Electronics, Semiconductor Chip Design, RF & Space Technologies, Telecommunications, Signal Processing, Embedded Systems and IoT Technologies, Emerging Technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, Block Chain development etc., The Department faculties have good numbers of publications, sponsored R & D projects, and Patents to their credits.
The Department of ECE is encouraged to the maximum to exhibit their talents in co-curricular activities and Career guidance activities like Debate, Group Discussion, Mock interviews, Technical Quiz, and Test etc., at regular intervals. By this, students gain confidence to face interviews in the future. Eminent people in their field of specialization are invited to deliver their guest lectures regularly. Value added courses are performed through workshop and hands On-Training by industrial experts. ECE Department conducts National Level Technical Symposium called “CYNOSURE” and National Conference on Frontiers in communication and signal processing systems and publishes proceedings with ISBN number which includes research works and Innovative Project Expo every year. And also these research works are published in reputed scientific and peer-reviewed journals. The department provides Activity-based learning, Soft-skill training, Advanced Laboratories, Improvement in Engineering Pedagogy through Faculty Development Programmes/NPTEL Certification Courses and faculties update their Peer teaching & Mentoring and allowed to give Guest lectures in other colleges. Students engage themselves in NPTEL courses and also they use Virtual Labs. Department is working on funded projects provided by various Government organizations such as DST, DRDO &AICTE.
- Curriculum is designed to focus on & achieve industry- oriented challenges.
- Choice- based Credit Systems are the ultimate tool to achieve the outcome-based learning platform.
- Periodically conferences and symposiums are conducted for students to
expose their research knowledge.
- Skill development course such as Value-added courses/workshops/Hands-on training/Guest Lectures/Seminars is conducted by our department in various domains to impart knowledge correlated with the curriculum to expose their views beyond the syllabus.
- ISBN recognized proceedings are published Periodically.
- Students are encouraged to publish their research findings in journals.
- Students are encouraged to competitive funding projects such as NIDHI Prayas,
TNSCST projects, etc...
- A Good number of students intake in the internship is achieved.
- Students are motivated to achieve online-based learning platforms such as NPTEL, etc...
- Students are encouraged to prepare for Higher Studies such as CAT, GRE & GATE.
- MoUs with leading industries are signed for student projects and internships.
- Research scholars are pursuing Ph.D. and several got awarded. Research is not limited to our
postgraduate students, undergraduates are also welcomed and integrated into research labs
and are regular co-authors of scholarly publications.
Department Information and Details
|Fees charged ( per annum ) in Rs.||As per Tamil Nadu Government Norms|
|Pass Percentage during Last Five Years||21-22||20-21||19-20||18-19||17-18|
|Teacher Student Ratio||1:15|
|No. of Faculty Members||Cadre||Number|
|Faculty Profile||Qualification||No. of Faculty|
|Experience Faculty||Experience||No.of Faculty|
|Less than 5 Years||30|
|5 to 10 Years||2|
|More than 10 Years||11|
|Budget Allocation for the Programme ( in Rs.)||Recurring||Non-Recurring|
|New Initiatives and Future Vision||To establish Centre for Excellence in VLSI Design|
To establish Centre for Excellence in Embedded Systems and IOT
To establish Centre for Excellence in Robotics Research
Industrial Consultancy, Research and Development (During the past 5 years)
|No. of sponsored research projects in progress||
|No. of sponsored research projects completed||
|No. of Patents Published||
|No. of Papers Published in Scopus / Web of Science Journals||
|No. of papers published in National / International Journals||
|No. of papers presented in International Conferences/Seminars||
|No. of papers presented in National Conferences/Seminars||
|No. of National Conferences Conducted||
|No. of training Programmes/Short Term Courses Conducted||