INDUSTRY INSTITUTE PARTNERSHIP CELL (IIPC)
Indian Industry at present has reached the most crucial turning point where it has to face the dynamic demands of the competitive domestic and global markets through the provisions of high quality products and services. To survive and succeed in this new scenario, the input that is most essential is the human resource. As technologies change rapidly, retraining and updating of the work force continuously are becoming major challenges facing every country today.
Adhiyamaan college of Engineering, Hosur, T.N. has setup an industry institute Partnership Cell (under aegis of the AERI) for this purpose. Industries and Technical Institution have a strong mutuality of interest which forms the basis of a partnership between them.
Aims and Objectives
- Developing close links between Industry-Institute by interaction programs. High priority is given to activities-designed to bring about improvement in the performance of industries.
- Mobilizing industrial personnel-A partnership approach.
- Identifying the present day requirements for professionals (engineers/technologists/managers) and meeting the future human resource needs.
- Disseminating technical advances through informal educational techniques.
- Training the shop floor personnel's through continuing education Programme.
- Publishing and issuing technical bulletins newsletters and course material with latest technological developments.
- Organizing seminars, symposia, exhibitions and workshops.
- Collaborating with other societies (National and International) having similar objectives.
- Widening and effectively implementing the area of R & D and consultancy.
In order to achieve the stated Aim and Objectives, ACE-IIPC will broadly be engaged in the following activities:
- Training on ‘Soil Testing –Methods’
- To identify the scientific and technical requirements of the "industry", in which R&D work can be taken up by ACE-IIPC.
- To promote synergetic partnership between Industry and ACE for taking up joint research programmes involving the students of ACE.
- To conduct relevant R&D activities within or outside the premises of ACE with the involvement of students and/or the faculty of ACE under the supervision/guidance of experts from outside ACE
- To motivate and involve students of ACE in the relevant R&D activities of this Cell with an aim to transform these graduating engineers into professional engineers who are usefully employable by the Industry.
- To organise lectures, interactive workshops, conferences, seminars, brain storming sessions, technical discussions, consultancy Sessions, training, orientation courses, meetings, visits etc, involving members of the Industry, outside experts, eminent personalities, faculty and students of ACE.
- To arrange/generate resources- financial, material and human, both from within and outside ACE for creating very high-quality infrastructure and research facilities within and outside the ACE premise.
- To take up sponsored projects from Industry and other funding agencies;
- To take up industry-based projects funded by AICTE, DST, DRDO, CSIR and other funding agencies.
- To fund some projects and sub-projects to outside agencies including Academia, in order to conduct these relevant R&D activities smoothly and efficiently within or outside the premises of ACE with the involvement of students and the faculty of ACE under the supervision of outside experts.
- To provide/get technical consultancy services to/from the industry.
- To invite expert members of the Industry to ACE to spend varying durations as Guest Faculty members/Research Supervisors/ Technical Consultants etc. with other Engineering Colleges and Technical Institutes where such interactive research programmes are running successfully.
- To share the experience, through exchange of lectures, visits and meetings etc.
- To access periodically the scientific and technological scenario in India and abroad in order to translate it into action for taking up R&D work.
- To help students of ACE in getting suitable placements in industries/companies/other employing organization in the Government and Private Sectors based on the R&D work carried out by these students, within or outside ACE and facilitated by ACE-IIPC.