Department of Aeronautical Engineering
Centre of Excellence
Centre of excellence for unmanned aerial vehicle has been established at Adhiyamaan College of engineering, funded by the institute of engineers (India). The centre has a sole aim on developing the UAV research field in our nation and to train the students in the respective field of UAV.
- Create a world – class infrastructure for UAV development, testing and evaluation.
- Create the finest training program of its kind anywhere in the nation.
- Promote commercialization of new UAV related product and services.
To be the most prestigious centre for the UAV research and development, acting as a bridge between academics and industries all over India.
The goal of this endeavor is to create a knowledge sharing relationship between academia, industry and government that focuses on research areas of unmanned aircraft systems communities.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE INAUGARATION
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Adhiyamaan college of Engineering, has setup a centre of excellence for unmanned aerial vehicle in its premise for the benefits of student’s .the inauguration of IE (I) research and innovation group –centre of excellence for unmanned aerial vehicle was held on 19 December 2014.
The centre of excellence was inaugurated by the chief guest Lt-Gen (Dr)V.J.SUNDARAM, PVSN, AVSN ,VSM,HLF, Chairman, governing council-engineering staff college of India, Hyderabad and advisor (Micro & Nano systems ), national design and research forum, the institution of engineers (India), Bangalore and the other esteemed dignitaries by the student of aeronautical engineering the grand occasion was inaugurated by the chief guest and he was ecstatic to view the student’s creation and project design in the laboratory . The chief guest together with other dignities released “BASIC HANDBOOK FOR DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE” book complied by Dr. J. Arivudainambi , Head and professor , Department of Aeronautical Engineering , Adhiyamaan college of Engineering and Mr.J.Jesin Joshua, ASST. Professor, Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering.
UAV DESIGN AND DEVOLPMENT
A one day national level work shop on “DESIGN AND DEVOLPMENT OF MICRO AIR VEHICLE “held 19th DECEMBER 2014 at department of aeronautical engineering, Adhiyamaan collage of engineering-Hosur organization centre of excellence for UAE [funded by IE (I), Kolkata].this workshop provided a platform for the young engineers to expand their knowledge in designing and fabricating and micro air vehicle.
The workshop was attended by more than 140 Participants from 40 different engineering college in and around Tamilnadu
Lt-Gen (Dr) V.J.Sundaram, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, HLF, Chairman, Governing council-engineering staff of India
Hyderabad and advisor (Micro & Nano systems), National Design and research forum, the institution of engineers (India) Bangalore.
Our UAV training course4es cover the entire spectrum of UAV operations which includes principles of flight, UAV concepts & terminology, design considerations, payload and sensor requirement, maintenance, tasking, human factors and final flight operations. The courses are modular to enable maximum and cost –effective, targeting of knowledge, skills and attitude gaps within organization.
- Design and development of different UAV’s
- Design and development of aerial robotics
- Flight stimulation
- Control Board tuning
- Flight control training (MAT lab training)
- Composite fabrication Internship programs for AERO/MECH/ECE/EEE Engineering students
- Aeromodelling flight training
VARIOUS PROJECTS CARRIED OUT IN CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR UAV PROJECTS GUIDED:
- Design and development of vertical take-off and landing vehicle
- Systematic design methodology and fabrication of UAV –Revenger
- Design ,analysis & fabrication of project X-8 delta wing UAV with canard configuration
- Design and analysis of indigenous UAV –imperial eagle
- Design & Fabrication of delta cruiser
- Design and fabrication of twin tail unmanned aerial vehicle
- Design and development of T-720 Broadhead
- Design and fabrication of tilt wing configured UAV
- Design and Fabrication of Voice Controlled Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Fabrication and Testing of High Stability UAV Quadcopter
- Design, Implementation of Fixed Wing RC Cessna Plane
- Design and Fabrication of Delta Wing RC Plane
- Design and Fabrication of Fixed Wing Surveillance
- Design and Testing of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Quadcopter
- Design, Implementation and Testing of UAV Quadcopter
- Fabrication of an Ornithopter
- Design and Fabrication of Agriculture Drone
- Design and Fabrication of Military Grade UAV Airframe with Carbon Composite