Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering started during the academic year 1993 -1994 is presently having an intake of 60. Demonstrated capabilities of the department are endorsed by the ongoing sponsored and curiosity driven research projects besides consultancy & Patents.
The strength of department is attributed to learning oriented pedagogical practices by the experienced and committed faculty from diversified facets of Civil Engineering.
Besides this, State-of-the art equipment and different flavours of GIS software, structural engineering software, Image processing software are being exploited to inculcate professional skills.
The core competency of the department is evidenced by the ongoing research programmers sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Space, Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development, New Delhi and Ministry of Earth Sciences.
Department is Promoting Quantitatively, the development of Innovative & Frugal Products, which has;
- Social Relevance to the Locality
- Patentable Potential &
- Marketing Potential
The department offers post graduate program in ME - Structural Engineering from the academic year 2014-2015. The advanced softwares are being used for training, research and consultancy works.
Unique Features of Department
- Servo Controlled Hydraulic Actuator
- Dual Frequency Global positioning System(DGPS)
- Accelerometers (Bruel & Khjare)
- Total station
- Digital Planimeter and Digital Curvimeter
- Echo sounders and Radar gun
- Sound Meter
- State-of-the art Video Conferencing system
- Robotics & Humanoids
- Ground Water Exploration kits
Ample Scope for students to pursue research as Junior Research Fellow
- Forum to become Successful Entrepreneur through Technology Business Incubator on "Global Positioning Systems"
- 100% In-house Student Project in final year
- Regular Industrial Visits to students
Training for all students daily from 4 p.m. onwards on
- Arc GIS Software (Version 11.0)
- ERDAS Image processing Software (Version 9.10)
- Revit Architecture
Thrust Area of the department
- Environmental Impact assessment
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Soil dynamics and response evaluation
Department Information and Details
|Fees charged ( per annum ) in Rs.
||As per Tamil Nadu Government Norms
|Pass Percentage during Last Five Years
|Teacher Student Ratio
| No. of Faculty Members
| Faculty Profile
||No. of Faculty|
| Experience Faculty
|Less than 5 Years
|5 to 10 Years
|More than 10 Years
|Budget Allocation for the Programme ( in Rs.)
|New Initiatives and Future Vision
- Establishment of IoT Lab to promote Innovative Civil Engineering Products under SCADA Environment.
- Promoting further, The domain related applications using Humanoids.
- Quantitative enhancement in patent claims during next two Academic Years
Industrial Consultancy, Research and Development (During the past 5 years)
|No. of sponsored research projects in progress
|No. of sponsored research projects in completed
|No. of patents produced
|No. of papers published in International Journals
|No. of papers published in National Journals
|No. of papers presented in International Conferences/Seminars
|No. of papers presented in National Conferences/Seminars
|No. of National Conferences / Seminar Conducted
|No. of training Programmes/Short Term Courses Conducted