Department of Civil Engineering
Our graduates can conduct civil engineering experiments and interpret the resulting data, can design a system, component or process, analyze problems and deliver comprehensive solutions by applying basic principles of mathematics, science and domain of civil engineering and technology with appreciation of best practices and financial viability.
They will exercise professional integrity at work environment with professional skills, art-of-the-day tools, commitment to ethical and socio-cultural values and a focus on sustenance to fulfill the industry and societal needs and to contribute to the National development.
They will aim for excellence, higher and life-long learning, creative thinking, technology innovation and development with a sound scientific and technical knowledge.
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Modern tool usage: Familiar with modern Engineering tools Software’s and other equipment’s.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability :Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Graduates will able to plan, analyse, design, estimate and qualify all types of structures.
- Graduates will able to imbibe critical thinking and problem solving capacity in civil engineering field.
Graduates will able to meet the challenges that inherent in civil engineering practices and Technology, in view of social relevance.