Department of Mechanical Engineering
The department of Mechanical Engineering implements innovative teaching and learning methods. Class rooms are converted in to smart learning centres by equipping them with LCD projector, computer with internet. Events like Seminars, Workshops, Technical Symposiums and Faculty Development Programs are frequently conducted in the department to keep faculty and students updated with latest developments in various technologies.
Students are made to become members in Professional Societies namely Institution of Engineers (India), Society of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer Professional and Indian Society for Technical Education. Students design, analyse and fabricate working models, participate in National level competitions like BAJA, E-Bike Challenge, Go-Kart etc. Professional society activities are frequently organized by involving both students and faculty members. Students are encouraged to carry out Project work in major Industries in Hosur and Bangalore. Faculty members are encouraged and motivated to undertake Research & Development and consultancy activities.
- State of the art Laboratory facilities
- Well-equipped Seminar hall and Conference hall
- Hands on training on CNC Machine and Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Frequent Industrial Visits to Students.
- Providing Industry oriented Internship Training.
- Latest Equipment with digitized out parts & interfacing with computers is an attractive feature.
- Career Counselling and guiding students as per their proficiency to build confidence in cracking interviews to reputed corporates.
- Case Study methodology of teaching and decision making skills among students to excel at their workplace.
- The department has very good Industry –Institute interaction to enrich the practical knowledge for students.
- Good Number of MoU’s (Memorandum of Understanding) signed with industries and institutes to improve technical skills of Students.
Department Information and Details
|Fees charged ( per annum ) in Rs.
||As per Tamil Nadu Government Norms
|Pass Percentage during Last Five Years
|Teacher Student Ratio
| No. of Faculty Members
| Faculty Profile
||No. of Faculty|
| Experience Faculty
|Less than 5 Years
|5 to 10 Years
|More than 10 Years
|Budget Allocation for the Programme ( in Rs.)
|New Initiatives and Future Vision
||To promote learning and innovation that integrates engineering and life sciences for the advancement of human wealth.|
Industrial Consultancy, Research and Development (During the past 5 years)
|No. of sponsored research projects in progress
|No. of Patents Published
|No. of papers published in International Journals
|No. of papers published in National Journals
|No. of papers presented in International Conferences/Seminars
|No. of papers presented in National Conferences/Seminars
|No. of National Conferences Conducted
|No. of training Programmes/Short Term Courses Conducted